94-463 Alapine Street, Waipahu, HI 96797
MCI®-2019 is a 40% silane solvent-based concrete sealer containing time-proven
Migrating Corrosion Inhibitors (MCI®). MCI®-2019 is a small molecule product,
that can easily penetrate into concrete and provides water repellency by chemically
reacting with the cementitious substrate under proper application. Treated substrates
are hydrophobic and retain their original appearance. MCI®-2019 seals surface pores
which prevents intrusion of chloride and carbonation, and protects from the ingress
of wind-driven rain. Treated concrete surfaces are fully breathable and their natural
moisture-vapor transmission is not affected.
MCI®-2019’s unique feature is its Migratory Corrosion Inhibitor action that allows
this product to migrate through even the densest concrete structures. It seeks out embedded reinforcement to form a protective monomolecular corrosion inhibiting
layer on the steel. MCI®-2019 will extend the service life of structures.
An alkaline environment such as new concrete will catalyze the reaction and speed the formation of MCI®-2019‘s hydrophobic surface. As a standard procedure, fresh concrete should be allowed to cure for 28 days before application. In addition, any repair work
should be performed at least three days before application. MCI®-2019 AG is a
special version of MCI®-2019 containing a green fugitive dye, which fades with time,
to confirm application.
• MCI®-2019 offers engineers, owners, contractors, DOTs, and government agencies
a time proven corrosion inhibiting technology that will extend the life of all reinforced concrete structures such as commercial buildings, parking decks, garages, and highways
and bridge structures
• Protects against the harmful effects of corrosion by migrating into even the densest concrete
• Migratory inhibitor reduces further corrosion
• Easily applied to concrete by spray, roller, or squeegee, reducing the high cost of labor and
• Non-toxic, contains no nitrites, phosphates, or chromates
• MCI®MCI-2019 silane sealer molecules are very small, allowing penetration into the
smallest concrete pores
• Enhances the durability of reinforced concrete and increases surface abrasion resistance
• Blocks carbonation and chloride ion intrusion
• Not a vapor barrier
• Helps protect against acid and chemical attack
• No blushing, peeling, or yellowing
Local and Worldwide Projects utilizing Cortec® MCI®
Go to Contact for industrial sales and other inquires.
Rust & Corrosion Prevention that works in Harsh Tropical Island Environments! When It's Rust...Call Us!
Credits thatLEED to a
Made in USA