Rust & Corrosion Prevention that works in Harsh Tropical Island Environments! When It's Rust...Call Us!
94-463 Alapine Street, Waipahu, HI 96797
Credits thatLEED to a
Made in USA
MCI®-2022 is a water-based, water-repelling sealer for concrete, brick, masonry units,
etc. It is a ready to-use product and is made up of a low VOC blend of silane/siloxane
emulsions and time-proven Migrating Corrosion Inhibitors (MCI®). MCI®-2022
penetrates the concrete, seals its surface and prevents carbonation and intrusion of
water and chlorides. Treated concrete surfaces are fully breathable and their natural
moisture-vapor transmissions are not affected.
MCI®-2022’s unique feature is its Migratory Corrosion Inhibitor action that will
migrate through even the densest concrete structures. It seeks out the steel reinforcing
bars embedded within to form a protective monomolecular, corrosion inhibiting coating. MCI®-2022 also protects a multitude of metals including carbon steel, galvanized steel,
and aluminum. A high viscosity version of MCI®-2022 is available: MCI®-2022 V/O, specifically designed for vertical and overhead applications. A UV tracer may be added
if desired. Please request product MCI®-2022 UV.
MCI®-2022 offers engineers, owners, contractors, DOTs, and government agencies a time proven corrosion inhibiting technology that will extend the life of all reinforced concrete structures.
• Protects against the harmful effects of corrosion by migrating into even the densest concrete
• Migratory inhibitor reduces further corrosion of the most rusted metals
• VOC compliant
• Easily applied by spray, roller, squeegee, or paint brush to any concrete surface reducing the high cost of labor and equipment
• Non-toxic, contains no nitrites, phosphates, or solvents
• Water-based and non-flammable for easy handling
• Penetrates deep into concrete for anode and cathode protection
• Enhances the durability of reinforced concrete and increases surface abrasion resistance
• Blocks carbonation and chloride ion intrusion
• Allows concrete to breathe and vapor to diffuse, is not a vapor barrier
• Helps protect against acid and chemical attack
• No blushing, peeling, or yellowing
• Resistant to alkali attack
Where to use
MCI®-2022 is recommended for:
• All reinforced, precast, prestressed, post-tensioned, or marine concrete structures
• Steel-reinforced concrete bridges, highways, and streets exposed to corrosive environments
• Parking decks, ramps, and garages
• All reinforced marine concrete structures
• Concrete piers, piles, pillars, pipes, and utility poles
• Restoration and repair of all reinforced concretecommercial and civil engineered structures
Local and Worldwide Projects utilizing Cortec® MCI®
Go to Contact for industrial sales and other inquires.