Rust & Corrosion Prevention that works in Harsh Tropical Island Environments! When It's Rust...Call Us!
94-463 Alapine Street, Waipahu, HI 96797
Credits that LEEDto a
Made in USA
VpCI® CorrVerter® is a water-based primer recommended for application to rusty or poorly prepared steel surfaces where further corrosion protection is required and good surface preparation is difficult to achieve.VpCI® CorrVerter® is formulated to penetrate rust, eliminate rust, penetrate to the bare metal, and stop further rusting. VpCI® CorrVerter® contains a novel chemical chelating agent that modifies the surface rust into a hydrophobic passive layer. VpCI® CorrVerter® combines the above mentioned chelating agent with a high solids waterborne latex with extremely low water vapor permeability. The combination of the active chelating agent with a film-forming latex, thickeners and dispersant offers a unique formulation for a primer with excellent protection against re-rusting.
VpCI® CorrVerter® does not contain tannic or phosphoric acids, provides long-term corrosion protection for poorly prepared substrates, and can be topcoated with solvent-based and water-based paints with no bleeding. For outdoor applications VpCI®-386 or VpCI®-387 can be utilized. For indoor applications, VpCI®-396 may also be used. The combination of VpCI® CorrVerter® and VpCI®-396 or VpCI®-395 provide the best immersion coating for submersion in water, salt water, hydro carbons and high salinity water. Therefore this coatings combination is Cortec’s best offer for immersion situations.
•VpCI® CorrVerter® converts rust quickly and can be applied under varying weather conditions
• Provides 1000+hours of corrosion protection with 3-mil (75 microns) application under salt spray conditions (ASTM B117), on pre-rusted steel parts
• Can be topcoated with water and solvent-based topcoats vs. tannic or phosphoric acid-based coatings, which can only be topcoated with solvent- based topcoats
• Provides excellent protection against re-rusting (better than tannic or phosphoric acid-based converters)
• Water-based - can be used as is or may be diluted up to 10% with water
• Very low VOC
• Environmentally friendly, non-toxic
• Non-flammable, non-combustible
• Works in HCl, H2S, SO2, & CO2 vapor environments
• VpCI® CorrVerter® is recommended for use on all ferrous metal surfaces as a rust converter/paint primer.
• Can be used in situations where proper cleaning or sandblasting is difficult.
• Suggested applications - Industrial maintenance • General metal • Marine • Holding tanks • Rebar • Trailers and many more.
Local and Worldwide Projects
Go to Contact for industrial sales and other inquires.